The other day I went to a small WHSmith and I saw these magazine newsstands.
Looking at the pictures, I can see that here is no music magazine shown on the newsstand however I can see a variety of gossip magazines, kids magazines, wedding & TV magazines along with word searches. This can show that music magazines are not that popular, therefore they don't need to be displayed. Also you can read magazines online since technology has become advanced now which can cause the music magazine business to decrease.
In many shops, there is a section for magazines and they are placed in different categories which makes it much easier and conventional for the buyer to find what they want and purchase it. The buyer is able to find the magazine they want since magazines are placed in a certain way so that the masthead can be shown. Generally, the masthead is in the top left corner of a magazine cover and this is evident in the pictures that I have taken from the newsstand.
Mastheads are always shown since most magazines are popular therefore they have to stand out and be shown so it can be found and they have to appeal to the audience and make you want pick it up and read it.
It is tricky to find many music mags in the newsstand now! And you recognise this! You do however identify some design features which are based around the way the mags are displayed on the newsstand. Vanessa
ReplyDelete