Audience Feedback: What went well? - From the comments on my previous
blog post, I received some positive feedback from a few of my classmates. One
of them mentioned how they liked the cover photo as it looked professional and
it was good quality and mentioned that the font went well with the cover photo.
Another classmate said that my front cover included all the main requirements
needed and that the style and mise en scene of the front cover works well. I
mainly got positive comments on the photography and the cover page.
Self-Evaluation: What went well? - For me, what went well was the
photography, even though I took the pictures on my phone it still came out good
since the models look natural and you can see everything clearly. I created a
skyline accurately and the skyline is linked to the college theme. I have
included a barcode, cover lines, a masthead, a puff, the price and the date of
the issue. These are main requirements in any magazine not just music and I
think I did them effectively however there could be improvements. I made the
masthead stand out by using effects and tools on PhotoShop; this shows the
importance that the masthead has. The
spaces on the cover page were used effectively and I didn't leave it blank
apart from a few places as I didn't know what to place there. I like how the
cover lines are bold which contrasts against the photo. Personally, I think that the cover page is
better than the contents page.
The contents
page is alright looking since I have included a few pictures that all link to
education and sports and I have included page numbers alongside the titles of
the page. A classmate commented that the contents page has an interesting
layout but I could have included more. The contents page is simple and
straightforward unlike most magazine.
Audience Feedback: What do I need to
improve on? -
From the comments on my blog post, I have received some constructive criticism
on what I should have done by my classmates. For example, one of them said that I should
have spaced out the cover lines and have more college related cover lines but
they also said that for the contents page, I should have spaced the photos out
neatly so that there wouldn't be any empty space and use different colours
instead of black and white. Although, another classmate said I should have
linked the content page to the front cover.
Self-Evaluation: What do I need to
improve on? -I agree with the feedback from the classmates and I
need to improve on how to make a better looking contents page since that was my
weak point. I didn't know how to structure it and what to add. I could have
used different colours instead of black and white. I could have used pull
quotes, drop caps and columns to make it look realistic and be effective. I
have a lot to improve on.
Key points for development - One thing that could have been
developed was the photographs. Even though, I created some good quality photos
on my phone camera, it would have looked more professional and better quality
if I used a professional camera. Another thing that could have been developed
is the structure of my contents page, this is because It looks too simple and
nothing like a music magazine contents page, as it wasn't lively at all. Last
thing that could have been developed was the cover page. Personally, I think
that the cover page was good , however the cover liens were a bit squashed and
I didn't create an effective looking puff. Overall, the college magazine
practise has helped me improve a bit of my skills but has notified me on what I
need to do to improve when I make my real music magazine cover.
This is a very detailed and well written evaluation, drawing on your strengths and weaknesses as well as audience feedback. I agree that photography and page layout are your key action points for the main music mag. Vanessa
ReplyDelete